A message from the team
Our plans to keep you and our team safe
The health and well-being of our guests and team has always been the most important thing to us. We will be doing everything possible to ensure you are as safe during your time with us and we would like to share with you some of the initiatives we have introduced to ensure this happens.
We are still shaping exactly what our adjustments look like and making adjustments as further government guidelines are released. In the meantime, please see the below measures that have already been put into place.
We’re the same but with a difference
We will be doing everything possible to ensure you are as safe during your time with us and we would like to share with you some of the initiatives we have introduced to ensure this happens.
From 27th January it is no longer a legal requirement to wear a face mask in public areas of the hotel. We still recommended wearing face coverings whilst indoors to limit the spread of the virus. Please be respectful to staff and hotel guests on their individual choice.
Cleaning and Housekeeping
There will be changes to the way we operate and you’ll most likely notice enhancements to our already very strict hygiene routines, especially around the high touch and traffic points in our hotel.
- You'll have the option to opt out of daily housekeeping.
- We’ll be ventilating our rooms with good old-fashioned fresh air whilst we’re cleaning
- Any single-use items that haven’t been used will be replaced before you arrive.
- We’ll be asking guests to arrive from 3pm to check-in for their stay when rooms are guaranteed to be ready so they can get to and enjoy their rooms as soon as possible.
- We are also offering the facility for guests to pay by direct debit or bac prior to arrival, please speak to our reservations team at the point of booking for more information.
- From our App you will be able to check in before you arrive allowing you have the details on your stay directly to your own phone.
Capacity and social distancing
We will adhere to any restrictions relating to hotel and restaurant capacity set out by the government and will ensure that our guests are able to enjoy themselves whist being able to maintain social distancing. You may travel in groups of up to 6 people from different households or over 6 people if you are from a maximum of 2 households. You may be asked to prove you are from 2 households if travelling with over 6 people.
We will take all necessary measures to reduce contact and ensure hygiene standards. These include:
- In Cove we will be giving you more space between tables in order to meet the government latest guidelines.
- We will stagger dining times in order to spread the flow and minimise queuing as much as possible.
- For those that prefer to dine in the comfort of their room, we have our room service menu available giving you plenty of options.
- We have simplified our menus and all of our food and drink menus will now be digitally available from our app for guest who would prefer not to use paper menus
We’re communicating with key suppliers and partners, to ensure that their policies and systems relating to health and hygiene meet our high standards.
Technology and process
We have been busy working with our technology partners in order to reduce contact and touch points that are at higher risk of transmission.
- From our app you will also be able to check out, pay any outstanding balances
- You will soon be able order food and drink from our app to be brought to your table or room, in order to reduce contact with our team wherever possible (if you wish)
- We are asking our guests to pay with contactless or card payments throughout our bar, restaurant and spa. If you would like to settle your room bill with cash at the end of your stay you will be able to do so at reception.
Looking after our team
As a family owned business, our team members are part of our extended family and their safety and well-being – both physical and mental – is at the top of our agenda.
We’ll ensure that everyone involved in our business is fully aware of and committed to our ethos. This includes:
- Every team member will be trained in new health and hygiene related procedures and fully briefed before returning to work.
- New HR policies and processes have already been implemented and we still have a dedicated reporting process if a team member feels unwell.
- If any staff display symptoms they will be obliged not to come to the hotel, this may mean there’s some last-minute changes to our Rotas. We have put measures in place to minimise this impact on our service levels, but we will appreciate your understanding.
- We’ll take all reasonable steps to follow the government’s Covid-19 Secure Workplace Guidelines.
- From the middle of March there have been a number of our team that have been working from home including our fabulous reservations team. These team members will continue to do so.
- For our team that are back to work within the Esplanade Hotel their work and break times will be staggered and all uniforms will be laundered in house.
- Since we had to close the Esplanade Hotel, we’ve made sure all of our team are paid on-time and supported them in any way we can. Any team member that is classed as high risk and needs to isolate for longer will be well looked after.
- All of our staff will be receiving sick pay from day one.
Book with confidence
To help reassure our guest in this time of uncertainty we are offering free cancellation should the Government guidelines change and you’re no longer able to travel.
You will have the following options in these circumstances:
- If you would prefer a refund in full, we will happily provide this for you.
- If you have a booking with us and are feeling unwell due to Covid or need to self-isolate then we will happily rearrange your stay for a future date regardless of the cancellation policy or terms that you have booked under.
If you’d like any more information and have questions then call us, email us or message us on our social media channels.