Family Attractions in Newquay
As a family hotel in Cornwall, we're passionate about finding the best things to do in Newquay for families, our wonderful hometown.
01637 873 333
At The Esplanade Hotel we're all about fresh sea air, timeless activities and wholesome family holidays in Cornwall. The beach is our playground and rock pooling, flying kites and surfing are our favourite things, but for rainy days there's also a huge selection of natural and manmade attractions for you to visit.
Even if it's raining cats and dogs, there's always somewhere lovely for you to find fun on your family holiday in Cornwall. During the school holidays we offer an exciting timetable of activities - all free to take part - and rain never cancels play! There's also the indoor soft play area and plenty of games available in the lounge.
- The Blue Reef Aquarium
One of our favourite family attractions in Newquay. This aquatic world is home to some truly incredible creatures. The sheer variety of their size, shape, colour and behaviour makes the world of land animals seem quite tame in comparison! From jellyfish and giant octopus to freshwater turtles, puffer fish and living corals, there are literally oceans of extraordinary characters to meet at the aquarium.
- Newquay Zoo
The award winning Newquay Zoo is set amongst exotic lakeside gardens with animals from all around the world ranging from the smallest monkey the Pygmy Marmoset to 'Ronnie' and 'Connie' the African Lions. From the amazing open rainforest exhibit to the beautiful oriental garden there is something for everybody to love.
- Dairyland Farm World
This is a fantastic adventure park to suit all ages. From slides to the nature trail, tractor rides and pony rides, to milking the cows, feeding the animals and touring the museums. On less lovely days, there's a whole host of family fun all under cover including The Bull Pen – a massive indoor play centre. A visit to this fun farm promises a great value family day out!
- Pirate's Quest
With an Exclusive 10% discount with Esplanade Hotel, families can embark on a swashbucklin’ voyage with real live buccaneers at Cornwall’s new Pirate’s Quest. Journey back in time with your Pirate Captain, 300 years, to the Golden Age of Piracy for story-telling and adventure.
Use code EsplanadePQ when booking.
- The Best of the Rest
- Flambards - The West Country's leading family attraction with rides for everyone, family fun and entertainment. Do not forget to visit the award-winning and unique exhibitions including the Victorian Village and the Britain in the Blitz. Get 10% off by booking online.
- St Eval Kart Circuit - The largest, fastest and most exciting race circuit in the South West.
- Wooden Waves - Offers a series of ramps and slides for the skateboard enthusiast. Also hosts competitions.
- Holywell Fun Park - Attractions include Kiddy Karts, Formula 1 Go-Karts, adventure golf and Merlin's Maze.
- Lappa Valley Steam Railway - A lovely narrow gauge railway that runs through a wooded valley.
You can also hire a boat at the Boating Lake, enjoy a game of tennis at Heron Tennis Centre, play the slots at the arcades, enjoy the local wildlife around the Gannel Estuary, hit some balls in crazy golf or cycle along by the Trenance Gardens. Within an hours drive you can explore almost any part of Cornwall from the Moors down to Lands End encompassing The Tate Gallery, The Eden Project and many more venues.
Sunday Sleepover | £99 per night
Prices from £49.50
Sunday Stays include:
- One night stay for two people
- Hearty Cornish breakfast
- Dinner for two in our ocean facing restaurant
- Full use of the facilities
- 10% off pre-booked spa treatments at Fistral Spa, exclusively for adults
Family Surf Break | Two Nights
Prices from £215.00
Family surf break includes
- Two nights accommodation
- Hearty Cornish breakfast each morning
- 2hr Surf lesson with coaching from the Quiksilver Surf School Newquay
- Board and wetsuit hire whilst on your lessons
- Full use of the hotel's facilities including pool, sauna and Jacuzzi
- Use of the kid's indoor play area and outdoor pirate ship
- 10% off spa treatments at Fistral Spa (adults only)
We genuinely want to help you find your perfect match. If you book directly through our website, not only are you guaranteed the best room rate and best availability, but you will also receive complimentary breakfast when you use the code ESPDIRECT. Book today to secure an unforgettable holiday.