Spring by the sea!
As days get longer and nights get shorter, it’s a great time to visit us and enjoy Cornwall. There is so much to see in do in Cornwall this Spring. Here’s a few ideas of what you can get up to on a spring break to the coast…
Alongside our action-packed schedule of free family activities at the Esplanade, there’s our kid-friendly facilities including an indoor pool, soft play and pirate adventure play area. They’ll be no time to get bored, you’ll find something for all the family to enjoy and will leave us with happy memories of the perfect half term holiday!
- Cornwall is home to many stunning gardens, and spring is the perfect time to pay them a visit and see them come to life. Head down to Trenance Gardens in Newquay or nearby Trelissick.
- After the chill of winter, more of our Cornish seal family will come out to play. Sammy, the resident seal at Newquay Harbour is sure to make an appearance!
- Take a walk along the South West Coast Path where you’ll find hedgerows and countryside bursting with colour as spring brings to life new flora, alongside beautiful sea views and miles of coastal shorelines.
- The summer crowds won’t have arrived yet, so you’ll have more of Cornwall all to yourself to enjoy. Beaches will be calmer and attractions quieter, so you can really get the most from your Cornish experience.
- Spring sees the start of festival season, with Truro Festival, World Pasty Championships and St Piran’s Day celebrations across the county, to name a few. Outdoor theatre shows begin to pop up and you’ll find surf and watersport competitions on many beaches. Pop over to our Local Events page to see what events are on nearby this Spring.
- Your four-legged friend can explore more of Cornwall’s beaches in the Spring as many dog bans don’t come in until the summer season. Plus with many places being dog friendly, you’re furry pal will have just as much fun as the rest of the family.
- Fresh spring greens and local seafood are on the menu as Spring brings new seasonal produce, dishes and flavours to Cornwall’s finest restaurants, including our very own Ocean View Restaurant.
So let us put a spring in your step, and book a fabulous family break with our special offers, including our Easter holidays and kids stay and eat for free deals!